At the Zoukis Consulting Group, we offer a variety of prison preparation, in-prison matters, and reentry services. Due to the breadth of scope and time commitments of these various services, we tend to offer customized pricing for each project. With this being said, each category of service tends to fall within a specific range.
For anyone interested in retaining our services, and those who are on a more limited budget, we highly recommend picking up a copy of the Federal Prison Handbook by Christopher Zoukis. This is the bestselling book on surviving the Federal Bureau of Prisons and is used as an element of our full-service prison preparation program.
In order to hire the Zoukis Consulting Group to assist you with your federal prison need, please email [email protected] or call 843-620-1100. Our consultants are standing by ready to assist you in your time of need.
Our prison preparation work consists of preparing federal criminal defendants for a term of incarceration. Our objective with this work is to impart as much information as possible so that the client can make the best decisions possible when they get to prison.
- Full-Service Prison Preparation: $2,500 to $5,000*
- Limited Scope Prison Preparation: $750 to $1,500
- Hourly Consulting: $200 per hour
- Single Issue/Question Phone Call/Email: $150 per issue (typically resolved within 30 to 45 minutes)
*Includes access to Prison Preparation Video Series discussed below.
We also offer a prison preparation video library. These videos consist of Christopher Zoukis, author of the Federal Prison Handbook and Directory of Federal Prisons, walking readers through the basics of federal prison and how to prepare for a term of federal incarceration. While not individualized based on each client’s unique circumstances, these are a highly cost-effective method of preparing for prison.
- Prison Preparation Video Series: $500 for access to all videos
Our in-prison matters services are more project-oriented and tend to focus on a specific issue. For example, the client might be seeking a transfer to a different prison or believe that his or her case manager made an error in calculating their security points. A client might need medical care which is not forthcoming. Or even, a client might be housed in the Special Housing Unit (SHU) due to protective custody and wants a transfer to a safer prison facility. As you can see, the issues involved are serious and complex.
For our in-prison matters services, we tend to charge based on the specific project. With this being said, the following fees are typical:
- Consultation on Issue with Recommendations: $500
- Administrative Remedy: $5,000 for initial administrative remedy and applicable appeals
- Security Classification Review/Objections: $5,000 for security classification review and written objections
- Prison Transfer Assistance: $5,000 to review the case, provide input/direction, and draft request to case manager
- Compassionate Release/Elderly Offender Release Petition: $5,000
- Communications with Bureau Officials: $1,500 per email, letter, or phone call
The above are just a sampling of the in-prison services that we offer. The typical starting point for any in-prison service is $500, with a potential add-on of $250 to $500 based on additional work required for a project.
Our reentry services tend to commence before the client is released from custody. The typical first reentry project is to assist clients in presenting the most compelling case for the maximum amount of halfway house or home confinement possible. Following this, our reentry services revolve around putting together a reentry plan (e.g., housing, employment, support network, etc.). At this phase, we also discuss supervised release with clients in an effort to answer all of their questions and help them understand what to expect. After release from custody, our services tend to revolve around hourly reentry assistance, as well as troubleshooting supervised release issues or problems with the supervised release officer.
The following are our typical price points for each reentry service:
- Halfway House and Home Confinement Maximization: $5,000
- Reentry Planning: $1,500 to $5,000
- Hourly Reentry Assistance: $200 per hour
- Supervised Release Preparation/Consultation: $1,500 to $5,000
- Troubleshooting Supervised Release Issues: $200 per hour
Note About Rates
While we do list $200 as our hourly rate, we understand that prisoners’ families are often not in a position to make a substantial financial investment. As such, when practicable, we offer services on a sliding scale. If you would like to hire us to assist you with prison preparation, in-prison maters, or reentry services, and are not able to do so due to financial constraints, please advise us of such. We take on a limited number of reduced-fee clients each year because we want to help everyone we can, even if at a reduced rate.