Federal Prison Handbook: The Definitive Guide to Surviving the Federal Bureau of Prisons
By Christopher Zoukis
The Federal Prison Handbook, by Christopher Zoukis, is the definitive guide to surviving incarceration in federal prison. This handbook teaches individuals facing incarceration, prisoners who are already inside, and their friends and family everything they need to know to protect themselves and their rights.
The thorough information was compiled by someone who has first-hand experience with the federal prison system, as Zoukis is an advocate currently serving time at a federal prison. His insider’s view of this unknown world guides inmates through the mental stresses of confinement.
Equally as important, he keeps readers physically safe by explaining how to avoid the near-constant conflicts found inside federal prisons.
In detailed chapters broken down by topical areas, readers discover:
- What to expect on the day you’re admitted to prison, and how to greet cellmates for the first time
- What to do about sexual harassment or assault
- The best ways to avoid fights, and the options that provide the greatest protection if a fight cannot be avoided
- Medical, psychological and religious services
- How to communicate with the outside world through telephones, computers, and mail.
- What you can buy in the official commissary and the underground economy
- How to avoid scams, schemes, theft, and other problems
- Comprehensive analysis of Federal Bureau of Prisons policy and regulatory guidelines
And much more!
Importantly, this text provides detailed instructions on how prisoners can protect their rights. The author is a college-educated prisoner who has fought extensively to preserve his rights and the rights of other prisoners.
Incarceration can be cruel for prisoners and their loved ones. Know what to expect and make the best of this time by staying safe, remaining safe, and building a life behind bars.
Learn more about Zoukis on his website www.christopherzoukis.com or Buy the Book now.
Winner of the 2017 I&I Book Award First Place Blue Ribbon, a division of the Chanticleer International Book Awards. Winner of 12th Annual National Indie Excellence Award for Non-Fiction and finalist in the reference category for the 2018 Eric Hoffer Book Award. Federal Prison Handbook also won a non-fiction award from the Feathered Quill in 2018. In 2017 the Federal Prison Handbook won the IndieReader Nonfiction Discovery Award and a gold medal in general nonfiction from the Readers’ Favourite Book Awards.
Below are promotional materials for media to download and use in articles about Christopher Zoukis and his book Federal Prison Handbook. Please email his publicist to arrange an interview or get comments.
- Federal Prison Handbook Press Release (February 2017)
- High-Resolution Book Cover Image
- Media FAQs on Christopher Zoukis
“A true resource for anyone involved with the prison system.” — Alan Ellis, America’s leading federal criminal defense attorney.
“Provides a wealth of useful information and solid advice. . . [A] treasure trove of penal acumen and knowledge.” — Alex Friedmann, Managing Editor, Prison Legal News
“The Federal Prison Handbook is one of my go-to guides for matters related to the federal prison system. An invaluable resource for attorneys . . . , prisoners, and their families.” — Jeremy Gordon, federal criminal defense and appellate attorney, General Counsel of Prisology
“This is the most informative . . . prison handbook that we’ve ever seen; and we’ve seen them all.” — Mark Varca, expert attorney and Chairman of FedCURE