- a lower rate of recidivism
- increased employment prospects
- a higher self-esteem
- more marketable job skills
- a means to transition into society
Blackstone Career Institute makes every effort to accommodate the enrollment of incarcerated individuals in our Paralegal certificate program and Advanced Paralegal courses. We use soft-covered books and materials for ease of entry into most state prisons, federal penitentiaries, county jails and other institutions.
All course materials are shipped directly to the student by Blackstone. Inmates can complete the entire program via correspondence using U.S. mail. There is no need for a computer or access to the internet. We provide all of the necessary materials so students do not have to seek additional or outside resources in order to graduate. Inmates from 1,200 facilities across the U.S. have already turned to Blackstone to continue their education.
As a caring family member or friend, you may wonder why inmates would want to enroll in our programs. Some of the reasons include:
- to improve their knowledge of the law, whether it’s for personal development or to help others
- to acquire a new skill to use in the future
- to prove to a parole board that they have worked hard and used their time in a positive manner
Once students complete our Paralegal program, many choose to continue with Blackstone by enrolling in one of our eight Advanced Paralegal certificate courses. Materials for these courses are also soft cover and meet most facility rules and regulations.